|Our first location in December, 1929 was in a large upstairs room on the second floor of Ekstrand's later Linck's Drug Store.||Our second location, Odd Fellows Hall, is where our fellowship's activities were conducted for over fifteen years.||Third location, 655 South Santa Fe Avenue|
Faith Bible Church traces its roots back to the year 1928. In that year a small group of Bible-loving Christians, seeking a deeper life and experience with the Lord Jesus Christ, began meeting weekly in various homes for Bible Study, testimonies and prayer. For nearly two years these meetings were carried on in the homes. These meetings were eventually opened up to the public.
The first Sunday School was held on December 22, 1929 with 18 persons present. These people met under the name of City Bible Hall. By March 1933 Sunday school attendance rose to over the 200 mark. In 1944, in order to be able to purchase and hold property as a church group, it became necessary to form a religious organization, and incorporate under the laws of the State of Kansas. It was at this time that the name was changed from City Bible Hall to the Salina Bible Church. Property was purchased at 655 South Santa Fe. The church grew, and then in 1962 ground breaking services were held for a new building at 2100 Quincy Ave. Throughout the decades Salina Bible Church developed a strong legacy of sending and supporting missionaries across the world.
In the spring of 2015 SBC partnered with Grace Bible Church in Hutchinson (www.gbchutch.com) to help restore our church to spiritual health. In November of 2015 Kyle Sanderson was called as the new senior pastor to shepherd and lead the flock. On August 7, 2016 Salina Bible Church relaunched under the name of Faith Bible Church to help further our gospel influence in the Salina community.
We praise God for His faithfulness to our church throughout her history and are excited for the gospel progress He will bring in the future!